The eleventh edition of Conquest, BITS Pilani’s International Startup Conclave, concluded on Sunday. The event brought together India’s budding startups on one platform to compete with each other for the title. The event was partnered by The Indian Express and was held at ITC Sheraton.
The startup ‘Swagene’ was adjudged the winner while ‘Gamezop’ came second. While Swagene offers genetic diagnostics for healthcare treatment outcomes, Gamezop is a social network for casual games that chooses best games for users and allows playing without downloading.
- Kanpur startup working to clean Ganga, technology to detect oil leakages turn heads
- IIM Calcutta starts talent hunt to find, support start-ups
- Healthcare sector sees 88 funding deals over $397 mn in 2016
- Israel ambassador upbeat on start-up link with India
- Digital health: The silver lining in the data cloud
- Moving forward: Women entrepreneurs bring medical aid at your doorstep
Talking about the Startup Challenge, CEO of Conquest 2015 Srikanth Garimella says, “We feel proud and reinvented with ideas we saw at ‘Conquest’, while also providing startups with a perfect launchpad. We are very happy to see the culmination of a year’s hardwork end on such a high note in the presence of this huge gathering of investors, entrepreneurs and students from across the country.”
The top 50 startups were selected from among 1,400 registrations after a month-long period of evaluation. These startups were shortlisted to attend the networking sessions in New Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now