Shoaib Iqbal, the lone Janta Dal (United) MLA in the Delhi Assembly, met Chief Minister Aam Aadmi Party two days ago, fanning rumours of him joining the AAP. However, on Saturday Iqbal clarified that he had not joined the AAP as yet. He also did not deny the rumour that he may join the party in power in Delhi.
Over the last two days, Iqbal had come under fire from BJP MLAs who called him an “opportunist” who doesn’t belong to any “one party”.
“I have not joined Aam Aadmi Party. We are in talks and I have some issues related to minorities such as the Sachar Committee report implementation. These need to be addressed first. The Congress had neglected these issues,” Iqbal said on Saturday.
In the Assembly session that concluded, Iqbal had extended his support to the AAP on the confidence vote and then to AAP’s Speaker candidate M S Dhir.
“In the middle of House, Iqbal had declared himself a goon and said the Congress had “managed” him by giving him the post of deputy Speaker so that he would not contest against Chandni Chowk MP Kapil Sibal. He has been generous towards the AAP during the Assembly session. It seems the party who claims to eradicate goons from politics will need the “experience” of a “manager” in their party. Their silence on the issue speaks volumes about their intent to get Iqbal on their side,” BJP MLA Anil Jha said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More