Shoaib Iqbal, the lone Janta Dal (United) MLA in the Delhi Assembly, met Chief Minister Aam Aadmi Party two days ago, fanning rumours of him joining the AAP. However, on Saturday Iqbal clarified that he had not joined the AAP as yet. He also did not deny the rumour that he may join the party in power in Delhi.
Over the last two days, Iqbal had come under fire from BJP MLAs who called him an “opportunist” who doesn’t belong to any “one party”.
“I have not joined Aam Aadmi Party. We are in talks and I have some issues related to minorities such as the Sachar Committee report implementation. These need to be addressed first. The Congress had neglected these issues,” Iqbal said on Saturday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In the Assembly session that concluded, Iqbal had extended his support to the AAP on the confidence vote and then to AAP’s Speaker candidate M S Dhir.
“In the middle of House, Iqbal had declared himself a goon and said the Congress had “managed” him by giving him the post of deputy Speaker so that he would not contest against Chandni Chowk MP Kapil Sibal. He has been generous towards the AAP during the Assembly session. It seems the party who claims to eradicate goons from politics will need the “experience” of a “manager” in their party. Their silence on the issue speaks volumes about their intent to get Iqbal on their side,” BJP MLA Anil Jha said.