The Haryana Swarna Jayanti Utsav inauguration function, to be held in Gurgaon on November 1, is being seen by district officials as an opportunity to ‘reposition’ the city, said Deputy Commissioner TL Satyaprakash at a press conference on Wednesday. “We are using this as a reason to reposition the city…we are focusing on planting tress, greenery, public art, sculpture, lighting, cleanliness…We have cleared around forty or fifty garbage dumps…By the end of this function, you will see a new city,” said Satyaprakash.
Elaborating on the work being done, he added, “In the last one year, we have made a lot of progress…lot of processes have been changed, and the work that is being done is hundred per cent tender based. Along with that, after Gurujam, we had to repair roads and eliminate water logging. Estimates worth almost two hundred crores have been prepared and by December 31, the city will have completely new roads.”
Speaking at the same conference, Anand Mohan Saran, the nodal officer for the Haryana Swarna Jayanti Utsav celebration, said attempts are being made to ensure the event goes off smoothly, with minimal inconvenience to residents and those attending it. For this reason, he added, advisories are being issued to various companies requesting them to adjust their hours to reduce traffic pressure during the hours of the event, which will be held between 5 and 9 pm.
“The day that this function will be held is also the day when Bhaiduj is celebrated, which is a restricted holiday, so some offices will be closed as it is. We are also issuing advisories to offices that have a large number of employees to alter their timings so that there is lesser crowd and traffic during peak hours,” said Saran.
The function, which will kick off Haryana Swarna Jayanti celebrations in the state, will be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, as well as Chief Ministers of other states.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Officials said between forty and fifty thousand people will be a part of the function. Attempts are also being made to screen it live in all districts, as well as in the cricket stadium at Tau Devi Lal Stadium, where the function will be held, for people who want to be a part of it but do not have entry passes.
Officials also said that apart from launching national level and state level schemes at the event, the Prime Minister will also use the function to inaugurate some state-level projects.