A day after the Punjab and Haryana High Court quashed the Haryana government’s decision to transfer 350 acres of land to real estate giant DLF in Gurgaon, the state government on Thursday sent its top bureaucrats explaining its action. In a press conference chaired by Additional Chief Secretary, Y S Malik, officials presented a ‘factsheet’ claiming that the key decisions pertaining to the project were taken before the Congress came to power in Haryana.
“This project was conceptualised following a promotion visit of a delegation led by the then Chief Minister in 2002-03. Decisions on initial stages of the project…were taken up by January 2005,” the factsheet reads.
The state government’s officers said the “consultant gave their valuation report at Rs. 1,683 crore, based on the market price then. The reserve price was fixed at Rs 1,700 crore. Consequently, the scheme was floated in January 2009, following an international competitive bidding process. At the closing time of the scheme, April 30, 2009, only one bid was received from DLF Ltd…”.
Officers said since there was only one bidder, the government re-examined and modified the parameters and re-advertised the project. Even after re-advertisement, DLF was found eligible and letter conveying acceptance of the bid was issued on August 20, 2009, and DLF deposited 10 per cent bid amount September 16, 2009.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More