Newly appointed Delhi BJP chief Harsh Vardhan was conspicuous by his absence at a lunch hosted by Vijay Goel, the former Delhi unit president and now a Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan, on Monday.
The day before Harsh Vardhan was to officially take over as the Delhi BJP chief, Goel had left the national capital for Rajasthan, and the official ceremony for Harsh Vardhan was cancelled.
Present at the lunch — where Rajasthani cuisine was served — were party president Rajnath Singh, Ram Lal, Meenakshi Lekhi, Arti Mehra, V K Malhotra and leaders considered close to Goel. When asked about Harsh Vardhan’s absence, a close aide of Goel said he too was invited. Harsh Vardhan landed in Delhi at noon. He was in Indore on Sunday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Several other leaders, such as Vijender Gupta, were not even invited. When asked whether he was invited to the lunch, Gupta said, “That lunch was only for media. Leaders were not invited.”
The absence of Harsh Vardhan is being seen as the continuing factionalism within the party.
The absence of Goel on the day Harsh Vardhan was to take charge as Delhi unit president, too, did not go down well with the party cadre.