After the BJP faced flak for inefficient door-to-door campaigning in the run-up to the Assembly elections held last December, the RSS has taken up the task in an effort to recapture votes that were lost to the Aam Aadmi Party. The move comes after Harsh Vardhan, who is known to be close to the RSS, took over as Delhi BJP chief.
Sources claimed that the RSS has already completed one round of door-to-door surveys. It is learnt that the organisation has been given a free hand in monitoring campaign activities in Delhi.
The RSS is aiming to get first-timers, the youth and women back in its fold.
“The RSS has taken charge of various tasks which will be crucial for our victory in LS elections. It has completed one round of door-to-door campaigning and surveys.
Our focus is to get back the youth votes that went to the AAP,” a senior BJP leader said. Apart from checking the voters’ list in each locality, the RSS cadre is also working on generating mass support for BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
After the BJP failed to get a majority in the Assembly elections, the party brass acknowledged that they could not do door-to-door campaigning effectively due to differences in the party. Much of this was blamed on former Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel’s style of functioning.