Gurgaon Police have arrested three men in connection with the murder of Sushma Rathi (32), wife of gangster Ashok Rathi, who was shot dead almost a month ago. The three accused — Deepak, Sanjeet and Lalit — have confessed to the crime, said police. They were arrested from Samauli village in Punjab.
“We tracked them down to Samauli village, from where they were arrested Friday,” said Sumit Kumar, deputy commissioner of police (west).
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
According to police, Ashok Rathi met the three accused in Bhondsi jail, where he is serving a life term after being convicted for the murder of Sushma’s mother, Anguri Devi, and her brother Dharmender.
“The three accused were in prison after being convicted for various crimes, including murder, when they met Rathi,” said Kumar. “… They confessed to the crime. They said Rathi suspected his wife of being involved with another man and wanted her dead…,” he added.
Sushma was killed near Alipur village in Gurgaon on September 2. The three accused allegedly shot her in the head and chest.
In the FIR lodged on the murder, Sushma’s sister Nitu had accused Rathi and his brother, Nishu Rathi, of murdering her. During questioning, Rathi confessed to planning his wife’s murder, saying he had done so as he suspected her of being involved with another man, said police.