The 42-year-old brother of gangster Binder Gujjar, who is currently lodged in Bhondsi jail for the murder of gangster Sandeep Gadoli’s accomplice, was shot dead in Gurgaon late Monday night.
Police said the incident took place near Gurgaon’s New Colony, where the victim, Manish Gujjar, had come to collect cash from a liquor shop he owned. Manish owned around 30 such establishments in Gurgaon, police said.
“He was sitting in the front passenger seat in his Hyundai Creta, accompanied by his driver and another man. Eight to 10 assailants opened fire at him,” Vikram Mehra, Station House Officer of Gurgaon City police station, said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Police said the assailants were waiting in the dark in several vehicles for Manish to arrive.
Once he arrived, they got down from their vehicles and opened fire. Fifteen shots were fired, five of which hit Manish on the chest and stomach, police said. His driver, Sukhbir, sustained a bullet injury, while the man accompanying him, Liyakat Ali, sustained two injuries, police said.
“All three were rushed to Medanta hospital, where Manish was declared brought dead. The others are stable and recovering,” Mehra said.
A case has been registered under various IPC sections at Gurgaon City police station. Manish’s body was handed to his family following the autopsy.
Manish’s younger brother, 40-year-old Binder, has multiple cases registered against him, including of murder and attempt to murder. He is currently serving a sentence for the murder of property dealer and gangster Gadoli’s accomplice Rajkumar Sethi in November last year.
He is also suspected of being involved in the killing of Gadoli, who was shot dead in an alleged “fake encounter” in Mumbai.
In the FIR, Gujjar’s father Karan Singh accused the families and accomplices of Gadoli and gangster Kaushal of killing Manish over their rivalry with Binder.
He alleged that Gadoli’s siblings had said during his cremation last month that they would “not let Binder’s family celebrate Diwali” because they suspect he was involved in Gadoli’s murder. Gadoli was killed in February, but his family did not claim the body initially, and the cremation was delayed.
Gangster Kaushal is also suspected of being involved in the murder of gangster Mahesh alias Attack, shot dead in Gurgaon last month.
At Manish’s cremation on Tuesday afternoon, friends, family and neighbours claimed he had “absolutely nothing” to do with his brother’s criminal activities. Affectionately known as Pappu, Manish was a “peaceful and religious man”, they said.
Neighbour Hari Singh said Manish “never raised his voice or got into any arguments”.
“We often asked him if he feared for his safety given his brother had made so many enemies… He would laugh and say he had done nothing wrong, so he had no reason to be afraid,” Hari said.
Manish, who lived in a two-storey house near Gurgaon’s Pataudi Chowk, is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.