Deputy Commissioner of Gurgaon, Shekhar Vidyarthi, on Monday instructed officials in the administration to conduct joint survey of the restricted area within 900 m of the Indian Air Force depot in Gurgaon. The officials have also been asked to compare the results with the satellite images of the area taken two months ago, R S Sangwan, DPRO (Gurgaon), said.
“All the structures that have have come up in the last two months within the restricted area are illegal and will be demolished in a phased manner. Owner of under-construction houses and labourers involved in illegal constructions will also be booked,” Sangwan said.
During a meeting, attended by Gurgaon police officers, officials of the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon and the Air Force, Vidyarthi said the area had been divided into six sectors, each headed by an executive engineer level officer. He directed the concerned officials to conduct surprise checks both during the day and night.
“If any illegal construction is found, the concerned inspection team will be held responsible. Illegal construction must be reported to the DistrictRevenue Officer, who is also the nodal officer for ensuring that the action is taken on these complaints,” Vidyarthi said.
According to DCP (West) Vikas Dhankar, 168 FIRs have been lodged against persons engaging in illegal construction.
The Chief Administrative Officer of Air Force Station, Wing Commander Anant Shukla, suggested that bursting of firecrackers near the depot should be banned as it posed a security risk.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now