The security guard of a cash van died at a city hospital on Sunday morning, a day after he came in contact with a live wire at an ATM in Burari, north Delhi.
The incident took place at an SBI ATM in Nehru Gali, Burari. At the time of the incident, Durgesh (30) was reportedly standing guard while his colleagues were depositing money in the ATM machine.
Police said prima facie, it appeared the live wire had come in contact with the ATM shutter.
Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd, which supplies power to the ATM, in an official mail said on inspecting the spot, it found no fault with the electric cables. “Our team immediately swung into action to find the cause of the fatal incident. During inspection, the MCB of the ATM was found off and, as soon as it was switched on, all metal frames in the ATM were found live. Therefore, the accident is suspected to have occurred due to leakage in the internal wiring of the ATM. However, the TPDDL team checked its supply conditions and found it perfectly in order,” a TPDDL spokesperson said.
As Durgesh collapsed outside the ATM, he was rushed to a nearby hospital by local residents. Later, he was referred to DDU hospital in west Delhi, where he succumbed to his injuries on Sunday afternoon.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police said they had registered a case under Section 304 A of the IPS at the Burari police station. Police said they found many internal wires hanging near the entrance of the ATM.