The security guard of a cash van died at a city hospital on Sunday morning, a day after he came in contact with a live wire at an ATM in Burari, north Delhi.
The incident took place at an SBI ATM in Nehru Gali, Burari. At the time of the incident, Durgesh (30) was reportedly standing guard while his colleagues were depositing money in the ATM machine.
Police said prima facie, it appeared the live wire had come in contact with the ATM shutter.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd, which supplies power to the ATM, in an official mail said on inspecting the spot, it found no fault with the electric cables. “Our team immediately swung into action to find the cause of the fatal incident. During inspection, the MCB of the ATM was found off and, as soon as it was switched on, all metal frames in the ATM were found live. Therefore, the accident is suspected to have occurred due to leakage in the internal wiring of the ATM. However, the TPDDL team checked its supply conditions and found it perfectly in order,” a TPDDL spokesperson said.
As Durgesh collapsed outside the ATM, he was rushed to a nearby hospital by local residents. Later, he was referred to DDU hospital in west Delhi, where he succumbed to his injuries on Sunday afternoon.
Police said they had registered a case under Section 304 A of the IPS at the Burari police station. Police said they found many internal wires hanging near the entrance of the ATM.