‘Got papers on diplomat attack just 2 days ago’

Visiting Iranian Deputy Minister for Asia,Oceania and Commonwealth Seyyed Abbas Araghchi on Tuesday said Iran has officially received the documents related to the Israeli diplomat attack case from India.

Written by Express News Service | New Delhi | Published:October 17, 2012 12:22 am

Visiting Iranian Deputy Minister for Asia,Oceania and Commonwealth (Central Asia) Seyyed Abbas Araghchi on Tuesday said Iran has officially received the documents related to the Israeli diplomat attack case from India.

“We just received those documents two days ago… only two days ago,” said Araghchi. “When they (Delhi Police team) were in Tehran,they explained the documents and fact findings so far. We asked them to give the documents officially,through proper channel and we will consider those carefully and investigate.”

Since Delhi Police is not part of Interpol,the documents were routed through CBI,which acts as a nodal agency for Interpol.

CBI sources said these documents were sent to Iran more than a month ago. Delhi Police gave these documents to CBI,which shared it with the Interpol.

Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai,during Tuesday’s meeting,also reiterated India’s request for Iranian assistance in the investigations into the attack.

Araghchi denied the allegation that Iran was behind the attack. “Our enemies are not Israeli diplomats. We condemn the attack and believe there is a conspiracy against Iran. The same conspiracy had been repeated in Thailand,” he said.

Tal Yehoshua Koren (42),wife of Israeli defence attache Colonel Yossi Refaelov,suffered multiple injuries in the blast. During the probe,Delhi Police went to Tehran to get details on four Iranians suspects.

For all the latest Delhi News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results