The Delhi Police on Saturday recorded the statement of the aunt of 19-year-old Meenakshi, who was stabbed to death, allegedly by two brothers, in central Delhi’s Anand Parbat area on Thursday. The two accused, Sunny and Illu, have been arrested.
In her statement, Kamlesh alleged that the mother of the accused was also present at the spot and she had instigated her sons to kill Meenakshi.
“I was present at the crime scene when the incident occurred. The mother of the accused had clutched the victim’s hands and even her hair. She is the one who instigated her sons to commit the crime. Why hasn’t she been arrested till now? I had been telling the police that I was present at the spot, but they paid no heed to me. Today, I wrote down my statement in a letter and later the police took cognisance of it,” the victim’s aunt Kamlesh told The Indian Express.
- 'Molested, thrashed' by 3 in Gorakhpur, Dalit teen tries to kill self
- Rajasthan hacking: As accused killed and burnt, his teen nephew filmed hate-murder, say cops
- Murder in Narela: Woman found dead, family says she was stabbed multiple times
- Delhi girl stabbed 35 times: We are helpless, Kejriwal, Sisodia tell grieving family
- Girl stabbed 35 times: CM Arvind Kejriwal seeks control of Delhi Police
- Delhi: 19-year-old girl stabbed 35 times by duo accused of molesting her 2 years ago
Only three people have come forward as witnesses, though the victim’s family has claimed that nearly 50 people were present at the incident site.
The accused were produced before the duty magistrate in Tis Hazari Court on Saturday and later sent to judicial custody for 14 days. The police informed the court that they have recovered the weapon used in the crime, a knife, from the accused.
Later, in a moment of high drama outside the court, the accused even “confessed” to their crimes before mediapersons and claimed they had “committed a big mistake”.
Meanwhile, the victim’s family and residents of Anand Parbat raised slogans against the police and demanded installation of CCTV cameras in their area.
The central district police have started preparing a detailed report of the incident and in their report, they have mentioned that the incident was the outcome of a sudden provocation and the family members of the accused had also lodged complaints against the victim’s family members, said sources.