A four- year-old girl was shot at during a chain-snatching attempt at an intersection in Ghaziabad on Sunday. Police said the incident took place near a congested intersection near Waves cinema. The girl is critical and currently in the ICU at Yashoda Hospital.
“The girl was riding pillion on a bike with her parents. They had stopped at a red light when another bike with unidentified miscreants snatched the chain of the girl’s parents and rode away,” a senior police officer said.
- Pune: IAF staffer booked for molestation
- Journalist shot at thrice in Ghaziabad, had sought police protection
- Four-year-old girl found dead with hands missing in Thane
- Youth shot dead, friend raped by roadside near Thane, no leads so far
- Murder of 18-year-old youth in Sonepat: Broken bangles, call records led police to minor girl
- No ambulance, 4-year-old taken to hospital on bike dies in Madhya Pradesh
The miscreants rode away, only to get stuck in another traffic jam, further ahead towards Anand Vihar. The girl’s parents gave chase and managed to catch up with them. “When they came close to the bike, the miscreants opened fire. The girl who was riding on the tank of the bike was shot,” the officer said. He said no arrests had been made. The family lives in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad.