A 10-year-old girl on Thursday succumbed to a bullet injury that she received during celebratory firing at a relative’s wedding in West Delhi’s Ranhola area late Wednesday. Police have arrested the groom’s father under charges of culpable homicide.
According to police, Sushil’s son Aman’s wedding celebrations were held in Baprauli village in Ranhola on Wednesday evening. The mishap occurred during the barat celebrations, when Sushil along with other relatives fired into the air.
- Minor girl assaulted: Chandigarh court rejects bail plea of accused mother
- Chandigarh child beating case: Stepmother’s bail plea dismissed, court tells cops to add Sec 308 in FIR
- Car mechanic’s death sends police on baraat trail
- Faridkot: Minor killed, another hurt in firing at pre-wedding function
- Last blessing turns fatal: Celebration firing kills groom in Noida
- Last blessing turns fatal: groom falls to bullet fired to celebrate his wedding in Noida
A stray bullet from Sushil’s gun, hit Divya — the daughter of a distant relative who was part of the barat. The celebrations ground to a halt as guests and relatives discovered the child had taken a bullet in her thigh. Relatives rushed Divya to a private hospital in Dwarka where the child died, police said.
“We have registered a case under Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC and have arrested Sushil. His pistol has also been confiscated. The child’s body was sent for post- mortem,” a police officer said.