Kundan Kumar Jha
A 31-year-old German national, who had come to the city for an internship, was allegedly molested by an auto-rickshaw driver last Saturday night. Minutes after she was molested, she told police that a motorcyclist snatched her wallet.
According to police, the incident took place on March 8, when the woman was returning to her GK-I residence. In her complaint to police, she claimed that she had taken an auto-rickshaw from Ferozshah Road around 10 pm.
On the way, she alleged, the driver stopped the auto-rickshaw claiming that there was a snag. On the pretext of fixing the engine, she alleged that the driver touched her inappropriately, forcing her to get off the auto and flee.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While she was trying to look for another auto-rickshaw, the woman alleged that a motorcyclist snatched her wallet. She told police that she managed to returned to her GK accommodation and later informed her colleagues about the incident.
The New Delhi district police were finally informed on March 12. Police said her statement was recorded and the sequence of events was pieced together.
However, police said, the woman, who had come to the country in January, was unable to recall the exact area where the driver had stopped. She also told police that she was unable to catch the auto-rickshaw’s registration number as it was dark when the alleged incident took place.
However, police said, a case has been registered at Barakhamba Road police station as Ferozshah Road, where the woman claimed she boarded the auto-rickshaw, falls under its jurisdiction.
No arrests have been made in the case, police said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi said, “We spoke to the woman to find out the place where the alleged incident took place. It appears the incident took place near a Metro station. We have registered a case and are now conducting a probe.”
When contacted, officials at the German Embassy said they were unaware of the incident.
Earlier this year, on January 14, a Danish woman was gangraped near New Delhi Railway station by five men.
(Reporter is an EXIMS student)