Kundan Kumar Jha
A 31-year-old German national, who had come to the city for an internship, was allegedly molested by an auto-rickshaw driver last Saturday night. Minutes after she was molested, she told police that a motorcyclist snatched her wallet.
According to police, the incident took place on March 8, when the woman was returning to her GK-I residence. In her complaint to police, she claimed that she had taken an auto-rickshaw from Ferozshah Road around 10 pm.
On the way, she alleged, the driver stopped the auto-rickshaw claiming that there was a snag. On the pretext of fixing the engine, she alleged that the driver touched her inappropriately, forcing her to get off the auto and flee.
While she was trying to look for another auto-rickshaw, the woman alleged that a motorcyclist snatched her wallet. She told police that she managed to returned to her GK accommodation and later informed her colleagues about the incident.
The New Delhi district police were finally informed on March 12. Police said her statement was recorded and the sequence of events was pieced together.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
However, police said, the woman, who had come to the country in January, was unable to recall the exact area where the driver had stopped. She also told police that she was unable to catch the auto-rickshaw’s registration number as it was dark when the alleged incident took place.
However, police said, a case has been registered at Barakhamba Road police station as Ferozshah Road, where the woman claimed she boarded the auto-rickshaw, falls under its jurisdiction.
No arrests have been made in the case, police said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) SBS Tyagi said, “We spoke to the woman to find out the place where the alleged incident took place. It appears the incident took place near a Metro station. We have registered a case and are now conducting a probe.”
When contacted, officials at the German Embassy said they were unaware of the incident.
Earlier this year, on January 14, a Danish woman was gangraped near New Delhi Railway station by five men.
(Reporter is an EXIMS student)