Delhi University Professor S A R Geelani Wednesday moved sessions court, seeking bail in the alleged sedition case against him, and said that the case had been “falsely foisted upon him”.
- NIA court transfers J&K accused bail plea on disposal day
- Dinakaran-EC bribery case: Delhi HC dismisses middleman's bail plea
- AIADMK-EC bribery case: Delhi HC reserves order on middleman's bail plea
- Don't pick and choose, big fish should be also caught: Court tells ED
- NIA court extends Kashmir photojournalist’s detention
- Geelani’s remarks are against country: Delhi Police to court
Geelani told the court that the very basis of the registration of FIR was an alleged report published by Zee News about the incident. However, “contrary to the submissions” of police before the trial court, “there are no video clips of the public event,” he said.
He was sent to 14-day judicial custody by a magisterial court. The court will hear his bail plea Thursday.