Delhi University Professor S A R Geelani Wednesday moved sessions court, seeking bail in the alleged sedition case against him, and said that the case had been “falsely foisted upon him”.
- Qureshi's plea questioning arrest, abuse of law, Centre tells Delhi High Court
- Gurugram student murder: Bombay HC adjourns bail plea hearing of Ryan group chief, MD
- Patan: Hardik Patel, aides get conditional bail in assault case
- Delhi court sends meat exporter Moin Qureshi to judicial custody
- Geelani’s remarks are against country: Delhi Police to court
- AROUND TOWN
Geelani told the court that the very basis of the registration of FIR was an alleged report published by Zee News about the incident. However, “contrary to the submissions” of police before the trial court, “there are no video clips of the public event,” he said.
He was sent to 14-day judicial custody by a magisterial court. The court will hear his bail plea Thursday.