Close on the heels of the rape of a four-year-old girl last week, a toddler and a five-year-old girl were allegedly raped in two separate incidents in the span of 24 hours, said police.
Police said in the first incident, a two-year-old girl was abducted from a school ground near her house, where she had gone to watch a Ramlila performance. In the second case, a five-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three men who were later arrested.
- Delhi's shame: 72 hours,3 gangrapes,4 arrests; victims include 16-year-old girl
- Fresh allegations against Mumbai gangrape accused,another woman goes to police
- 3 more cases of minors rape reported in Delhi
- Five-year-old gangraped in North Delhi,battling for life
- Class XII student abducted,raped and dumped in Delhi's Palam
- DU student kidnapped,gangraped in Delhi
Joint Commissioner of Police (Southwestern range) Dependra Pathak told The Indian Express that a case has been registered in connection with the toddler’s rape case. “We are looking for the suspects, but no arrest has been made so far,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Police had initially zeroed in on the possible suspects after CCTV footage in the vicinity showed two men on a motorbike exiting the block at around 12.30 am with the girl between them. However, they ruled out the theory after they recorded the girl’s statement.
She said, “Bhayia mujhe apni godi mein lekar gaye the (The man carried me)”. Police now suspect the role of an insider as the girl did not resist when she was taken by the man.
According to police, the incident came to light after the girl’s father made a PCR call after he found his daughter missing.
“The parents began looking for their daughter, who had run off to the grounds. They called police and launched a massive search. At about 2 am, the girl was found by the locals in a nearby park — 500 mts away from her home. She was bleeding profusely,” said an officer.
She was rushed to Sanjay Gandhi Hospital on Saturday with bleeding from her genital areas. Doctors said she sustained severe injuries, which will need surgery.
Sources said medical examination had confirmed forced penetration. “There are tears in her genital areas which confirm penetration. These caused the bleeding. She also has cuts and bruises on the upper half of her body and her face,” said a hospital source.
Sources said the girl was in shock and could not comprehend what had happened. “We will assign a psychiatrist to assess her condition soon, but assessing the impact of such a trauma on a two-year-old is very difficult. We have put her on pain medications to ease her physical discomfort,” added the source.
In the other incident, three men who were allegedly under the influence of intoxicants raped a five-year-old girl right above her house on Friday.
Police said one of the accused was known to the girl and her family. “The three accused have been identified as Prakash (35), Sita Ram (40) and Rewati (35).
Prakash is known to the girl’s family as he lives on the second floor while the girl lives on the first floor of the building,” said DCP (East) B S Gurjar.
According to police, the incident occurred at about 4:45 pm. Prakash and his friends abducted the child and took her to Prakash’s room, where they repeatedly raped her. The girl’s father is a construction labourer while her mother works as a domestic help. The girl was alone at home when the three abducted her.
“Residents found the girl crying with her clothes partially and covered with blood spots. She told them she was sexually assaulted by the three. Residents then caught hold of them and handed them over to police,” said an officer. Hospital sources said rape has been confirmed.