A day after issuing an order to Delhi University to roll back its four-year undergraduate programme, University Grants Commission Chairman Ved Prakash today met HRD Minister Smriti Irani who is understood to have intervened to end the stand-off.
Irani is also understood to have expressed her displeasure over the delay in solving the matter with the DU authorities as the admission process to the undergraduate programme kicks off from tomorrow.
UGC had yesterday issued directions both to DU and all 64 colleges under it to conduct admission under the three-year under-graduate programme and not under the controversial four-year UG programme implemented by the varsity last year.
Commission has warned both DU as well as the colleges of “consequences” if they failed to implement UGC direction by this forenoon. After meeting HRD Minister, the UGC chairman also met Higher Education Secretary Ashok Thakur to discuss the development.
The meeting came even as various student bodies demonstrated in front of the Ministry here demanding roll back of the programme.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On the other hand, a ten-member committee, set up by UGC, headed by Prakash, is meeting for the first time today at 4 pm to discuss the smooth transition of the under graduate programme from four years to three years.