The recently released advertising campaign ‘The Originals’ by the fashion house, Ritu Kumar, couldn’t have been better timed. Comprising a series of short videos, it celebrates young women achievers from varied professions, like Mumbai-based photographer Prarthna Singh. It is definitely the month to celebrate success and achievement at the fashion house, which has been promised an investment of Rs 100 crore by the private equity firm, Everstone Capital. Though the news came in a few days ago, Amrish Kumar, Director and CEO and Ritu Kumar, admit it’s something they have been working on for two years now. “It’s an important first step in our new plan for the years ahead,” says Amrish, who joined his mother in the business almost a decade ago.
One of India’s foremost designer labels, the Ritu Kumar brand is today synonymous with Indian ethnic wear, including bridal wear, highlighting Indian craftsmanship and textiles. The last few years have also seen the fashion house build on their sub-brand, Label, a pret line which combines Indian aesthetics with contemporary style and is aimed at young women.
So what changes will the funding bring? While there will be no creation of a sub-brand, the emphasis would be on the younger buyer. “Retail is capital intensive and to grow you need investment. While we don’t want to move away from the core design values of the Ritu Kumar brand, you will see the label progress with continued contemporary styling,” says the CEO.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The Ritu Kumar brand, which recently opened its latest store in Dubai, is also looking at increasing visibility. “Over the years, we have increased our presence in Tier II cities as well but now want to expand in the metros and also build strong design teams,” says Amrish, who also spearheads the online video platform MummyDaddy.com with his wife. Incidentally, the latest videos have been made under this banner. “The youth today connects in newer ways,” he says.