The queue in front of the reception at the Delhi Secretariat is growing longer every day. From a girl who wanted to complain about her boyfriend who had refused to marry her to a woman who wanted the promised water — they all wanted an audience with Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
While some have come with grievances, others just want to meet, see or just shake hands with Kejriwal.
Narrating an anecdote, the CM said a girl had come to meet him as her boyfriend had refused to marry her.
On Friday, Parul from Karol Bagh stood in line to get a pass to meet the chief minister. His request: Tankers for a jagran that was due to take place in her locality in May. “The CM has promised to make water available to all of us. I want to meet him to ask him to provide tankers for a jagran that is due to take place in Karol Bagh in May,’’ Parul said.
Rajni had come all the way from Agra to meet Kejriwal. “I had met him before elections at his Hanuman Mandir office in CP. He had told me that he would help me. I can’t reveal the nature of my problems, but I have come here to seek his help now,’’ Rajni said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Outside the CM’s office, a group waited to meet him. They wanted to invite him for a function to celebrate Prophet Muhammad’s birthday.
On Thursday, people could be seen trailing Kejriwal around the secretariat to hand him papers pertaining to corruption in various departments or just wanting to complain about a particular government department.
But not all had come to meet Kejriwal. Some like Azam Malik had come to meet Education Minister Manish Sisodia. “We operate a school in Mustafabad and have come here to meet the minister to tell him about the pathetic condition of the school,’’ he said.
Some had come to apply for a supervisory position in night shelters. “We have been told that there are openings for the supervisor position in night shelters. We want to meet Women and Child Welfare Minister Rakhi Birla in this regard,’’ a woman said.