Police have arrested four persons, including two women, in connection with the murder of 52-year-old cable operator Tarun Bajaj, who was found brutally stabbed at his Rajender Nagar residence two days ago. Robbery was found to be the motive behind the murder, police said.
The accused, Sooraj (24), Mohit (19), Pooja (26) and Moni (19), were arrested based on fingerprint analysis, blood samples and CCTV footage of the area, police said. While Moni was apprehended from Sultanpuri, the rest were caught in Dehradun, Joint Commissioner of Police (Central Range), Sandeep Goel said.
According to police, Pooja worked briefly as a cleaner at Tarun’s residence. She used to take other women to the flat to get them jobs and on one such visit, she saw that Tarun kept a lot of valuables and cash at his house. She and her husband Sooraj then hatched a plan a few months ago to rob and murder Tarun. They roped in Mohit and Moni, promising them a share of the loot.
On Wednesday, Pooja and Moni paid Tarun a visit as they had fixed an appointment with him earlier. Sooraj and Mohit waited below with knives, police said. “Once the two women were inside, Pooja gave a missed call to Sooraj as a signal to come to the house. All four then held Tarun down and stabbed him, killing him on the spot. They then ransacked the house and made away with around Rs 3 lakh and ornaments,” he said, adding that Sooraj and Moni sustained knife injuries during the murder.
The four then fled the spot and went to Pooja’s house in Karampura. Moni and Mohit got about Rs 30,000 each, police said. Around Rs 1.5 lakh, some gold and silver ornaments and a knife was recovered, police said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More