Police have arrested four persons, including two women, in connection with the murder of 52-year-old cable operator Tarun Bajaj, who was found brutally stabbed at his Rajender Nagar residence two days ago. Robbery was found to be the motive behind the murder, police said.
The accused, Sooraj (24), Mohit (19), Pooja (26) and Moni (19), were arrested based on fingerprint analysis, blood samples and CCTV footage of the area, police said. While Moni was apprehended from Sultanpuri, the rest were caught in Dehradun, Joint Commissioner of Police (Central Range), Sandeep Goel said.
According to police, Pooja worked briefly as a cleaner at Tarun’s residence. She used to take other women to the flat to get them jobs and on one such visit, she saw that Tarun kept a lot of valuables and cash at his house. She and her husband Sooraj then hatched a plan a few months ago to rob and murder Tarun. They roped in Mohit and Moni, promising them a share of the loot.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Wednesday, Pooja and Moni paid Tarun a visit as they had fixed an appointment with him earlier. Sooraj and Mohit waited below with knives, police said. “Once the two women were inside, Pooja gave a missed call to Sooraj as a signal to come to the house. All four then held Tarun down and stabbed him, killing him on the spot. They then ransacked the house and made away with around Rs 3 lakh and ornaments,” he said, adding that Sooraj and Moni sustained knife injuries during the murder.
The four then fled the spot and went to Pooja’s house in Karampura. Moni and Mohit got about Rs 30,000 each, police said. Around Rs 1.5 lakh, some gold and silver ornaments and a knife was recovered, police said.