The Delhi Police Crime Branch has arrested four persons for allegedly abducting the 20-year-old son of a former MCD councillor and demanding a ransom of Rs 50 crore.
The accused, identified as Anand (27), Vichitar Vir (30), Vikrant Shokeen (30) and Vinod Kumar (32), were arrested Friday for their alleged roles in planning and executing the abduction, said a police officer.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime Branch) Ravindra Yadav said the youth was released by the abductors on October 3 after a settlement was reached and a ransom of Rs 1 crore was paid. “We have also recovered the BMW, a Swift, a Scorpio and a motorcycle used in the crime.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“We also recovered sedatives, police uniforms and a number of mobile phones from the kidnappers,” he added.
Police said the councillor’s son was kidnapped on the morning of September 27 while driving to college in his BMW. Two men on a motorcycle, wearing police uniform, stopped him near Subhash Place in northwest Delhi.
“A Scorpio car which was also tailing following the BMW, also stopped. The occupants of the car and the motorcyclists took the youth in the Scorpio and fled from the spot along with the BMW. A case was registered at Subhash Nagar Police Station on the complaint of an eyewitness,” said the JCP.
The youth’s father then received a ransom call of Rs 50 crore and the caller asked him to arrange the money for the safe release of his son, he added.
Police said the accused were involved in property dealing and toll business and had planned to kidnap a businessman with sound financial standings to become rich overnight, he said.
Six months ago, when they got to know about the ex-councillor, also a businessman, they decided to abduct his son to get Rs 40-50 crore as ransom.