Four persons were on Sunday detained for questioning in connection with the murder of BJP leader and Dadri Nagar Panchayat Chairman Geeta Pandit’s husband Vijay Pandit in Dadri area here even as police clamped prohibitory orders in Gautam Budh Nagar district.
Pandit was shot dead by four assailants last night following which his supporters torched 16 vehicles near Dadri police station and pelted stones at a police team. Police had to resort to firing in the air to control the mob. The clashes between the two sides continued till late last night.
BJP workers blocked traffic on the national highway in Dadri demanding arrest of the killers.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“PAC has been deployed in the area.The affected area has been cordoned off. Section 144 has been clamped. Anti-social elements will not be allowed to disturb law and order. Police have detained some persons and killers would be arrested soon,” District Magistrate A V.Rajamouli said.
“We have detained four persons for questioning.The deceased family had given names of some suspects. Manhunt has been launched to nab them,” police said.
BJP MP Mahesh Sharma has demanded the arrest of the killers and alleged there was jungle raj in the city as criminals were striking at will while the police failed to check rising crime. The killing of the BJP leader has “exposed” the law and order situation, he charged.
BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi charged, “Nothing like government can be seen in UP. Law and order situation has completely been destroyed and the UP government is responding in a very casual way towards it”.
Pandit had led the election campaign for the BJP candidate in recent elections.
Vijay’s brother Mukesh alleged that, “He was getting threat calls about which written complaints were lodged in
police station. But police took no action”.
Vijay’s brother runs a grocery shop on G T Road where shopkeepers downed the shutters of their business establishments and blocked the traffic in protest.
Condemning the murder, Congress leader Rashid Alvi said, “Incident is unfortunate. Those responsible must be punished.
“UP government has failed to maintain law and order in the state. Condition is very bad. People are losing faith. UP government must take steps immediately,” he alleged.