Expressing his anger towards the rising cases of crime against women, Delhi Police chief B S Bassi on Monday said that his department is willing to kill the rapists if the Constitution allows it.
Addressing the Delhi Police’s Annual Press Conference in the national capital, Bassi said, “If the Indian Constitution allows the hanging and shooting of the accused (perpetrators of crime against women), Delhi Police with full authority will do it on the spot.”
When asked if he is under any political pressure, Bassi said that it is the good fortune of Delhi Police that it is not under the Delhi government.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
“If the chief minister were to handle the force, it will have to face political interference in local issues,” Bassi said.
“Police forces that are under state governments will have to face political interference over local issues. The situation is different for Delhi on this issue,” he said.
(With inputs from PTI)