Expressing his anger towards the rising cases of crime against women, Delhi Police chief B S Bassi on Monday said that his department is willing to kill the rapists if the Constitution allows it.
Addressing the Delhi Police’s Annual Press Conference in the national capital, Bassi said, “If the Indian Constitution allows the hanging and shooting of the accused (perpetrators of crime against women), Delhi Police with full authority will do it on the spot.”
When asked if he is under any political pressure, Bassi said that it is the good fortune of Delhi Police that it is not under the Delhi government.
“If the chief minister were to handle the force, it will have to face political interference in local issues,” Bassi said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Police forces that are under state governments will have to face political interference over local issues. The situation is different for Delhi on this issue,” he said.
(With inputs from PTI)