Five men, accused of gangraping a 15-year-old girl in Southeast Delhi, were arrested on Monday.
According to police, the incident was reported from Sangam Vihar on Saturday evening. The five accused, identified as Rahul (23), Amit (25), Chandan Sharma (21), Anuj (20) and Deepak (19), have been booked for gangrape and under relevant sections of the POCSO Act.
Police said on Saturday, the victim, who is a student of class X, was invited by a classmate to take a walk with her. The five accused had reportedly asked the classmate to introduce them to the victim.
According to police, the classmate took the victim to a room, which one of the accused had rented. Once there, the men allegedly confined the victim and took turns to rape her, police said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“After raping the girl, the accused left her in the room and fled. The girl managed to get back home and tell her parents about the incident. Her parents then approached police,” a police officer said.
Police said medical examination of the girl confirmed rape. Following that, a case of gang rape was registered against the accused.
Police asked the victim to identify the accused. Her classmate was also called in to identify the men. The accused were then traced and arrested, police said.
However, police said, the extent of the classmate’s involvement in the gangrape has not yet been established.