First cut-off list on June 30, admissions to start from July 1

The notification comes after an advisory committee of principals sent its recommendations to the university administration.

By: Agencies Written by Aditi Vatsa | New Delhi | Published:June 29, 2014 2:08 am

After a week-long delay in releasing cut-offs due to the controversy around the four-year undergraduate programme (FYUP), Delhi University’s first cut-off list will be announced on June 30 and admissions are expected to begin from July 1. Students, who had not applied to undergraduate courses in Delhi University earlier, can now do so as DU has opened registrations.

“All candidates who already registered online/offline through the university for the current academic year will now be eligible for admission to all courses wherever they meet the eligibility criteria,” read a notification issued by the university on Saturday.

The notification further added, “All candidates who have not already registered will be required to fill the University registration form on payment of Rs 100 (General/OBC) Rs 50  (SC/ST/PwD), along with the college admission form in case s/he meets the cut-off and qualifies for admission. This registration made in a college will be valid in case the candidate takes admission in another college/course in the subsequent cut-off lists.”

Unlike earlier years, there will be eight cut-off lists as opposed to 10 cut-off lists in undergraduate admissions. “The first cut-off list will be declared on July 1, 2014 and admissions will start the same day. There will be eight cut-off lists as per the schedule attached,” DU said.
But colleges will also display the cut-offs on their own websites after 8 pm on June 30, the notification added.

The notification comes after an advisory committee of principals, appointed for overseeing the admission process, met on Saturday and sent its recommendations to the university administration.

“The committee decided that admission committees in each college should meet on Monday to re-distribute undergraduate seats among Programme and Honours courses and decide cut-offs for the courses, according to the 2012-13 admission policy. Admissions can take place from Tuesday,” Sunil Sondhi, Principal of Maharaja Agrasen College and member of the committee, said.
The committee’s recommendations are awaiting approval from the university administration.

As per the admission format of 2012-13, colleges can now devise additional eligibility criteria of their own – for instance, colleges can re-introduce the provision of studying Mathematics in Class XII as compulsory, in order to get into BCom (Honours). The university had done away with these requirements following the introduction of FYUP last year.

The university administration has also asked colleges to upload details of the additional eligibility criteria on the college website and display them on the college notice boards before the commencement of the admission process.

For all the latest Delhi News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results