Two separate incidents of fire were reported in the capital on Sunday morning. However, there were no casualties or loss of property.
According to police, the first incident was reported at Gujarat Bhawan on Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri area.
Fire officials said they received a call around 8 am about the fire. “Nearly eight fire tenders were pressed into action and the blaze was brought under control in 40 minutes,” a senior officer said. A short circuit is believed to be have caused the fire, but the exact reason will be ascertained after a probe, the officer said.
- Gujarat slum-dwellers clash with students: Three FIRs filed, one under Dalit atrocity Act
- Fire in shoe factory in Delhi leaves four dead, four injured
- Mumbai: Another fire at Deonar dumping ground, no casualties reported
- Mumbai: Toddler dead, seven family members injured in major fire at Chembur slum
- Mumbai fire LIVE UPDATES: Chembur blaze leaves one dead; seven injured
- Fire breaks out in Gujarat Bhavan
“Initial investigation has revealed that the fire started in an old banquet hall in the basement where old furniture was stored. The Gujarat Bhawan administration will look into the matter,” the officer added.
In another incident, a minor fire broke out on the fourth floor of AIIMS. Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot, a Delhi Fire Service official said.
“The incident came to light when some technicians noticed smoke billowing from one of the windows of the fourth floor and alerted the security guards. They informed the fire officials. A call was received at 10.05 am following which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
They doused the flames within 20 minutes. Initial investigation has revealed that some electrical cables caught fire after a short circuit,” the official added.
“An inquiry into the matter has been initiated. We are trying to ascertain the exact cause. Investigation is on,” a senior police officer said.