A massive fire broke out in a slum cluster in south Delhi’s Vasant Kunj area this morning, gutting 500 jhuggis.
No causalities have been reported so far.
Fire department officials said that around 27 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the flames.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Fire was reported at 8.30 AM and fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot. Plastic and wood kept in an open yard in the area also fuelled the fire,” said A K Sharma, Director of Delhi Fire Service.
Heavy smoke filled the area as the blaze spread and small cylinders kept in the jhuggis exploded.
“The reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained.