A plastic factory in outer Delhi’s Narela Industrial area, in which two firemen and a worker have been trapped for the last three days following a blaze and explosion, was razed Friday, as fresh efforts were launched to locate the three persons.
The three persons were trapped in the three-storey factory, where a fire broke out around 5 pm Wednesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Even as 40 fire tenders fought the blaze, a boiler in the building exploded around 9.45 pm, trapping four persons, including the two firemen. After more than 15 hours of search operations, the body of a worker at the factory, Sanjan (27), was brought out.
Rescue operations went on for more than 50 hours even as people involved admitted chances of survival of the three persons — firemen Sunil Kumar (40) and Manjet Dagar (35), and the worker trapped in debris — were dwindling by the minute.
Dr Mahasher Hussain, assistant commandant, NDRF, said they razed the building around 9.15 pm as the rescue operation was not eliciting any result.
“We searched the entire first floor, but did not find anyone. Only 40 per cent of the rubble had been cleared, so, after consulting various agencies, we decided to demolish the building and start the search again.”
Amit Satija, District Magistrate (north), who has been at the spot since Wednesday night, said, “The priority is to clear the entire rubble and then hopefully get the trapped persons out by Sunday.”
G C Misra, director, Delhi Fire Services, said during the first 48 hours, the priority of the fire department was to detect signs of life. “We have started again and our firemen and other agencies are trying hard to get them out,” he said.