Delhi Police have registered an FIR against Kondli AAP MLA Manoj Kumar upon a complaint by a youth that he was thrashed by the legislator and his accomplices in the Mayur Vihar (Phase-III) area.
The AAP MLA, too, has lodged a cross FIR against the 26-year-old youth, who is a self-confessed BJP supporter.
In his complaint to Ghazipur police, Kapil Nagar (26), a resident of GD Colony, Mayur Vihar (III), alleged that, on the intervening night of Sunday and Monday, he had gone for a stroll after dinner to A Block of GD Colony, where the MLA resides, and met some acquaintances with whom he discussed the political situation in Delhi.
- Now playing in courts, trials and tribulations of Arvind Kejriwal
- Delhi Chief Secretary ‘assault’: AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal granted bail by Delhi High Court
- BJP leader Vijender Gupta files complaint against AAP functionary over assault threat
- Delhi chief secretary assault case: AAP MLAs sent to 14-day judicial custody
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal arrested in connection with alleged assault of Delhi Chief Secy Anshu Prakash
- FIR against four AAP legislators after tussle with BJP at Kejriwal’s home
“I am a BJP supporter. When I raised slogans of ‘Jai Sri Ram’, MLA Kumar came out with 3-4 accomplices and objected to it, abused me and started a scuffle. When I tried to run away, they stopped me and again thrashed me,” Nagar said in his complaint.
He also alleged that the MLA “hated” him for supporting BJP.
The MLA, for his part, complained to Ghazipur police that he was in his house when, at around 2 A.M., he heard some noises and, upon enquiring, found some youngsters throwing stones at shutters. He said that they started running away when he challenged them.
“One of the youths fell down and, when I helped him stand up, he started abusing me and pushed me, as a result of which I fell down and received injury on my lips,” Kumar said.
Police have registered FIRs on both the complaints and are in the process of investigating the charges, said a senior officer.