Mufti M Mukarram Ahmed, imam of Fatehpuri Masjid in Chandni Chowk, slammed the Congress and BJP in his address during the Friday prayers, saying “Congress aur BJP ke paas na toh dil hai na zaban”.
“Yeh matlabi sarkar jo apne aapko secular sarkar bolti hai, itne logon ko pakda aur unhe giraftar kar liya, jab takleef koi sunne wala na ho toh bataiye musalman kya kare. (This selfish government, which calls itself a secular government, has picked up so many people and arrested them. There is nobody to hear the plight of Muslims),” Ahmed said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“On the one hand, some say they are well-wishers of Muslims and then cut their throats, some others say they are well-wishers of Muslims and let them die hungry, then what kind of well-wishers are they? If someone says he/she is a well-wisher and gives us a glass of water, then we can understand,” he said.
Ahmed also said hardly any Muslim has been fielded by the two main parties this election. “We have seen that the Congress has not fielded even one Muslim candidate in Delhi… in the whole of the country, there would be just 2-4 Muslim candidates. The BJP too has not fielded any Muslim… all these things are very worrying,” the Imam said.
“I have been here for 44 years, serving you. I have no interest in governance. But our religion says that a Muslim should have access to good governance. I hope you talk amongst yourself and vote for who you think is right,” he said.
The Imam in his speech also mentioned that communist parties are criticising the arrest of Muslims and are against Muslims being called agents of Indian Mujahideen. “They (Communists) say they will dwell on this issue and form laws. Mayawati has spoken for Muslims, Kejriwal has spoken for Muslims, but the BJP and the Congress do not have a heart and nor do they keep their word,” Ahmed said.
“I will not say who you should vote for or who you should not, I am just telling you my sorrow, and I am saying it here so that it reaches the establishment and they know how much pain the Muslims are in… they arrested young men and maulanas,” he said.
The imam also referred to BJP leader V K Malhotra’s statement that terrorists hide in Muslim-dominated areas like Batla House and Jamia Nagar. “Does this mean all Muslims are terrorists?” he said.