Mufti M Mukarram Ahmed, imam of Fatehpuri Masjid in Chandni Chowk, slammed the Congress and BJP in his address during the Friday prayers, saying “Congress aur BJP ke paas na toh dil hai na zaban”.
“Yeh matlabi sarkar jo apne aapko secular sarkar bolti hai, itne logon ko pakda aur unhe giraftar kar liya, jab takleef koi sunne wala na ho toh bataiye musalman kya kare. (This selfish government, which calls itself a secular government, has picked up so many people and arrested them. There is nobody to hear the plight of Muslims),” Ahmed said.
“On the one hand, some say they are well-wishers of Muslims and then cut their throats, some others say they are well-wishers of Muslims and let them die hungry, then what kind of well-wishers are they? If someone says he/she is a well-wisher and gives us a glass of water, then we can understand,” he said.
Ahmed also said hardly any Muslim has been fielded by the two main parties this election. “We have seen that the Congress has not fielded even one Muslim candidate in Delhi… in the whole of the country, there would be just 2-4 Muslim candidates. The BJP too has not fielded any Muslim… all these things are very worrying,” the Imam said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I have been here for 44 years, serving you. I have no interest in governance. But our religion says that a Muslim should have access to good governance. I hope you talk amongst yourself and vote for who you think is right,” he said.
The Imam in his speech also mentioned that communist parties are criticising the arrest of Muslims and are against Muslims being called agents of Indian Mujahideen. “They (Communists) say they will dwell on this issue and form laws. Mayawati has spoken for Muslims, Kejriwal has spoken for Muslims, but the BJP and the Congress do not have a heart and nor do they keep their word,” Ahmed said.
“I will not say who you should vote for or who you should not, I am just telling you my sorrow, and I am saying it here so that it reaches the establishment and they know how much pain the Muslims are in… they arrested young men and maulanas,” he said.
The imam also referred to BJP leader V K Malhotra’s statement that terrorists hide in Muslim-dominated areas like Batla House and Jamia Nagar. “Does this mean all Muslims are terrorists?” he said.