A Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) has awarded a compensation of over Rs 22 lakh to the parents of a 26-year-old journalist who lost his life in a road accident in 2006.
MACT presiding officer Manish Gupta directed New India Assurance Company Ltd, with which the offending car was insured, to pay Rs 22,55,132 as compensation to the parents of victim Kunal Manchanda, an online editor at Independent News Service Pvt. Ltd.
- Motor tribunal awards Rs 65 lakh compensation to victim’s kin
- Maharashtra tribunal directs Rs 5 lakh compensation to parents of boy killed in accident
- MACT awards Rs 57 Lakh to mother and wife of accident victim
- UP youth disabled in road mishap gets Rs 44 lakh compensation
- MACT awards Rs 27 lakh to kin of jeweller killed in accident
- Engineer’s parents awarded Rs 17L as compensation
Manchanda was returning home from Noida on his motorcycle, when he by the car at Prashant Vihar.
Relying on the documents on record, the tribunal held the driver guilty of rash and negligent driving.