A Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) has awarded a compensation of over Rs 22 lakh to the parents of a 26-year-old journalist who lost his life in a road accident in 2006.
MACT presiding officer Manish Gupta directed New India Assurance Company Ltd, with which the offending car was insured, to pay Rs 22,55,132 as compensation to the parents of victim Kunal Manchanda, an online editor at Independent News Service Pvt. Ltd.
- Rs 2.9 crore compensation in road mishap by Haryana Roadways bus
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance to pay Rs 7L compensation in road mishap case
- National Insurance company to pay Rs 25.17 lakh as compensation
- Youth gets 12 lakh compensation in road mishap case
- Engineer's parents awarded Rs 17L as compensation
- Kins of MCD worker awarded Rs 26 L compensation
Manchanda was returning home from Noida on his motorcycle, when he by the car at Prashant Vihar.
Relying on the documents on record, the tribunal held the driver guilty of rash and negligent driving.