Four members of a family, who had come to visit India Gate in Delhi on Friday night, were allegedly beaten up by a mob following an argument with a battery toy car owner.
The incident took place at around 11 p.m. when the family members, who had come from Old Delhi, got into an argument with a battery powered toy car owner.
The family members alleged that there was no battery inside a toy car which was carrying their child and even then the toy car owner asked them for money. When they complained about this, one of the family members was allegedly slapped by the toy car owner.
- Software engineer ‘beaten up, threatened’; cash and cellphone taken away
- Delhi: 60-year-old beaten to death in fight over water in Wazirpur
- After Indian diplomats targeted, Pakistan puts out New Delhi incident video
- Dalit boy allegedly beaten to death in Alwar, casteist abuses hurled during Holi celebrations
- Delhi: 20-year-old stabbed in scuffle over honking
- Delhi: 10-year-old girl run over while crossing road in Rani Bagh, doctor arrested
“There was no battery in the toy car carrying my child. They slapped one of our family members when we objected,” said one of the victims. He further added that he was beaten up with belts and sticks by 40 people when he intervened into the argument.
The injured people were given medical aid.
The police has started investigation in the case.