The BJP once again brought up the alleged fake certificate issue of AAP Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar, with Legislature Party Leader Vijender Gupta urging the Lt-Governor to seek a report from the Delhi government on the matter.
- If Jitender Singh Tomar's degrees are genuine, why not make them public, asks Yogendra Yadav
- Fake degree case: Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar arrested by Delhi police
- Tomar should step down, so should Smriti Irani: AAP leader
- ‘Fake’ degree controversy: Under siege, Jitender Singh Tomar tells Arvind Kejriwal of ‘BJP plot’
- Video: Opposition wants Tomar removed, asks govt to order ACB probe
- BJP questions AAP’s morals, wants Tomar removed
Gupta said Najeeb Jung had assured him of taking appropriate action on the basis of the report. “The BJP leader along with his fellow MLAs, O P Sharma and Jagdish Pradhan, presented documents and proof of Tomar’s degree being fake to the L-G,” a statement issued by the BJP leader said.
Gupta told Jung that “being the Constitutional authority and custodian of law in Delhi, he may take immediate steps to remove Tomar from his position in the Cabinet”. Gupta demanded that the L-G initiate disciplinary action against Tomar and restore people’s faith in governance, moral values and the law.
“We submitted a memorandum because Delhiites have lost faith in a chief minister who has been tolerating the corrupt practices of a minister who holds charge of the Law department. Now that Tomar has been exposed, he must be prosecuted and punished,” Gupta said.