The BJP once again brought up the alleged fake certificate issue of AAP Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar, with Legislature Party Leader Vijender Gupta urging the Lt-Governor to seek a report from the Delhi government on the matter.
- Fake degree: Delhi BJP seeks Jitender Singh Tomar's expulsion from Assembly
- Delhi L-G Jung gives nod to prosecute Somnath Bharti in molestation case
- Fake degree row: AAP's internal Lokpal to decide Jitender Singh Tomar's future
- Fake degree row: After arrest, Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar resigns
- Tomar should step down, so should Smriti Irani: AAP leader
- BJP questions AAP’s morals, wants Tomar removed
Gupta said Najeeb Jung had assured him of taking appropriate action on the basis of the report. “The BJP leader along with his fellow MLAs, O P Sharma and Jagdish Pradhan, presented documents and proof of Tomar’s degree being fake to the L-G,” a statement issued by the BJP leader said.
Gupta told Jung that “being the Constitutional authority and custodian of law in Delhi, he may take immediate steps to remove Tomar from his position in the Cabinet”. Gupta demanded that the L-G initiate disciplinary action against Tomar and restore people’s faith in governance, moral values and the law.
“We submitted a memorandum because Delhiites have lost faith in a chief minister who has been tolerating the corrupt practices of a minister who holds charge of the Law department. Now that Tomar has been exposed, he must be prosecuted and punished,” Gupta said.