A former Squadron Leader of the Indian Air Force has been booked by CBI for allegedly amassing assets worth over Rs 11.9 crore. He is suspected to have been moving funds for a former Congress MP, who is also named in the FIR.
The CBI has alleged that former Squadron Leader Polu Sreedhar, in connivance with a former branch manager of Axis Bank’s Najafgarh branch, Manish Saxena, helped the former MP from Tenali in Telangana, Balashowry Vallabhaneni, procure land for Rs 12.5 crore in Delhi’s Najafgarh area.
All three have been booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act. It is being alleged that from 2007 to 2010, Sreedhar, then a Squadron Leader, amassed assets worth Rs 11.9 crore.
When contacted, Vallabhaneni said: “I just bought some land through this IAF officer because he came to me with the offer. CBI got into the act because some cash was given to him which he deposited in his account. Everything is above board. I have given all documents to CBI.” Sources said Vallabhaneni will soon be called for questioning.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More