Bhagat Singh, a 34-year-old electrician, was returning home from a client’s house in Noida at 2 am when he spotted a speeding dumper dragging three men near the Ring Road flyover in Lajpat Nagar.
- Chandigarh: Biker hits India Reserve Battalion constable, arrested
- Aimed at Helping women in distress: Only 11 women availed of Chandigarh Police’s pick & drop facility since July
- Where is Panchkula police at night?
- MACT awards Rs 27 lakh to kin of jeweller killed in accident
- Bawana road accident: Two doctors killed as scooter ‘runs into truck parked on wrong side; police look for driver
- Delhi: 18-yr-old man killed after dumper truck hits his scooter, drags it for 9 km
He gave chase on his scooter, yelling at the driver to get him to stop. But, according to Singh, the driver tried to hit him when he urged him to stop. He then decided to call the police.
Recalling the incident, Singh said one of the victims was stuck to the front of the dumper along with his Scooty, while his friends were hanging on to the side of the vehicle.
He said one of the men travelling in the truck kept hitting the two so they would let go.
“I made the PCR call at 2.21 am. Two police personnel on a motorbike started to give chase along with me. At August Kranti Marg, another PCR van also joined,” Singh said.
“It felt like a movie scene — chasing a vehicle alongside the police. They were driving rashly and trying to escape, but they were eventually caught by the police,” he said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (southeast) M S Randhawa said, “Bhagat Singh did an extraordinary job and we are going to reward him for this.”
‘Fawad said he was going to a party, would be home late’
A Class X student, Fawad Ahmad lived with his mother, elder brother and two younger sisters in their ancestral home in Ballimaran, old Delhi.
After his father’s death a few years ago, his family said he took up a part-time job as a waiter at house parties.
Ahmad’s elder brother, ‘Umaid said, “I last saw my brother on Monday evening. He had gone to our grandmother’s house. He told us he had to go to a house party and would be home late. But on Tuesday morning, we got a call from police, telling us he was dead.”