Two foreign nationals were allegedly molested by a group of eight men in South Delhi’s Saket area on Monday afternoon. The women were reportedly on their way to Select Citywalk mall in an autorickshaw when the men, who were travelling in a Toyota Fortuner, intercepted their autorickshaw and molested them, police said.
According to the statement given by the women, the men got out of their SUV and tried to put colour on the women.“When we resisted, one of the eight men tried to hold us by force and also pushed us,” the women stated in their complaint.
The accused, identified as Surjeet, Krishanjeet, Prince, Gurdeep, Jaspal, Vijay Singh, Sunny and Deepu, all residents of Malviya Nagar, were arrested on Monday evening. All of them work as property dealers. Police said while one of the women is from Germany and the other is from South Africa. Both women are residents of Sarvpriya Vihar. They are on work visa and run a private business in the capital, police said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The women alleged that all eight men were in an inebriated state and forced them to play Holi. They reportedly tailed them for over a kilometre and intercepted their autorickshaw near Select Citywalk mall. The women raised the alarm the moment the men tried to corner them and sought help from passersby,” a police officer said.
When the autorickshaw driver alerted the PCR, the men got into their car and fled the scene. One of the women, however, managed to note down the registration number of the vehicle and gave it to police.
“We took the women to the hospital for a medical examination. We then traced the residence of the owner of the car with the help of the Transport authority and arrested all eight from their houses in Malviya Nagar. All of them work as property dealers in the area,” the officer said.
Following the statements of the victims, the auto-rickshaw driver and an eyewitness, a case was registered under Sections 354 (molestation) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of the IPC at Saket police station. All accused were produced before a magistrate who remanded them in Tihar jail, police said.