Two foreign nationals were allegedly molested by a group of eight men in South Delhi’s Saket area on Monday afternoon. The women were reportedly on their way to Select Citywalk mall in an autorickshaw when the men, who were travelling in a Toyota Fortuner, intercepted their autorickshaw and molested them, police said.
According to the statement given by the women, the men got out of their SUV and tried to put colour on the women.“When we resisted, one of the eight men tried to hold us by force and also pushed us,” the women stated in their complaint.
The accused, identified as Surjeet, Krishanjeet, Prince, Gurdeep, Jaspal, Vijay Singh, Sunny and Deepu, all residents of Malviya Nagar, were arrested on Monday evening. All of them work as property dealers. Police said while one of the women is from Germany and the other is from South Africa. Both women are residents of Sarvpriya Vihar. They are on work visa and run a private business in the capital, police said.
“The women alleged that all eight men were in an inebriated state and forced them to play Holi. They reportedly tailed them for over a kilometre and intercepted their autorickshaw near Select Citywalk mall. The women raised the alarm the moment the men tried to corner them and sought help from passersby,” a police officer said.
When the autorickshaw driver alerted the PCR, the men got into their car and fled the scene. One of the women, however, managed to note down the registration number of the vehicle and gave it to police.
“We took the women to the hospital for a medical examination. We then traced the residence of the owner of the car with the help of the Transport authority and arrested all eight from their houses in Malviya Nagar. All of them work as property dealers in the area,” the officer said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Following the statements of the victims, the auto-rickshaw driver and an eyewitness, a case was registered under Sections 354 (molestation) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of the IPC at Saket police station. All accused were produced before a magistrate who remanded them in Tihar jail, police said.