Ending speculation about the new academic session being delayed due to the scrapping of the four-year undergraduate programmes, the Delhi University has assured students and teachers that it would begin as scheduled.
In a statement released by the registrar, the University said that it wishes to reassure students and faculty alike that the University shall reopen in full measure on July 21, 2014.
It asked students and faculty to report to their respective colleges to receive their various teaching and class time table schedules.
Last week, the varsity had asked heads of various departments to expedite the restructuring of undergraduate courses in the three-year format days after it had scrapped the controversial four-year programme (FYUP).
Speculation arose that the session might be delayed due to the requirement of restructuring the courses. “All processes required to enable this teaching schedule are being taken care of. In particular, the Committee ofCourses of each department has already met to prescribe the teaching programme for the students of all disciplines for the first, second and third year of the undergraduate programmes,” the Registrar said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The DU had on June 27 announced scrapping of the controversial four-year undergraduate programme under pressure from UGC after much controversy over the issue.