A first-year BCom student of Delhi University was allegedly raped on Monday in Kavi Nagar in Ghaziabad.
DSP Ran Vijay Singh said one of the accused has been arrested while the other is absconding.
Police said the incident took place around 10 am on Monday when the girl was returning home from a cyber cafe after checking results of a competitive exam.
- Delhi: 18-year-old ‘raped’ near Ghazipur market
- Haryana Dalit girl gangraped, murdered: Attackers thrust object into girl’s body, says doctor
- Narrated ordeal to her doctor: Six held for raping minor girl with mental illness
- Shamli woman ‘gangraped’ after her son ‘abducts’ girl
- Sambhal: Cop held, son booked for kidnapping, raping woman
- Police detain four in Karnataka Dalit girl’s ‘rape’ and murder
According to the complaint lodged at Kavi Nagar police station by the girl’s father, she was kidnapped by two youths who took her to their home in Razapur area of Kavi Nagar.
The accused took her to their house following which one of them raped her.
Police said the girl managed to return home and told her parents, after which a complaint was lodged with police.
Police said the girl was referred to a government hospital for medical examination and a case under Section 376 (rape) of IPC has been registered.