Weeks after the Delhi University rolled back the four-year undergraduate programme, the government issued a letter to the DU vice-chancellor, informing him of the “pre-mature” and “immediate” relieving of DU Registrar Alka Sharma’s from her duties.
A letter from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, issued on August 22, stated, “Department of Personnel & Training vide O.M. Dated 20.08.2014 has intimated that the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has taken a decision to cancel the extended period of deputation of Ms Alka Sharma, Registrar, University of Delhi, and has approved pre-mature repatriation to her parent cadre,i.e. Ministry of Defence.”
Earlier, sources in the Ministry had said the government was not satisfied with her role in the introduction of the four-year undergraduate programme.
Sharma had joined the university as a finance officer in 2006 and was one of the core members of the the vice-chancellor’s team, which had played a crucial role in introducing the four-year undergraduate programme.
The course was rolled back in July — a year after its introduction in the university — amid high drama during which the University Grants Commission had sent strong worded letters to DU administration and its constituent colleges calling for the scrapping of the course.
Sharma could not be reached for comments.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More