Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday urged the people of the capital not to vote for the BJP in the event of a re-election. To vote for the BJP in the next elections will amount to wasting your vote. The BJP cannot form a government despite winning 32 seats, he said,addressing a victory rally at Jantar Mantar.
Referring to talks of the Congress and BJP approaching AAP candidates for support doing the rounds,Kejriwal said the two parties should form an alliance with the AAP sitting in the Opposition.
Going a step further,he asked Congress and BJP leaders unhappy with their parties to join the AAP. I invite all of you to join the Aam Aadmi Party. I want to tell members of the BJP and Congress who are feeling suffocated there,to join us, Kejriwal said.
After routing the Congress in Delhi,the AAP trained its guns on the grand old partys leadership,in particular Rahul Gandhi.
AAP leaders,addressing the rally,claimed if party leader Kumar Vishwas contested against Rahul in the Lok Sabha polls,people would vote for the AAP.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Before the elections,a lot of people had told us that we will not be able to win a single seat… They told us that our party was a four-member party. Your hardwork has turned it into a 28-MLA party… If Kumar Vishwas contests elections against yuvraj (Rahul),people will vote for us, party spokesperson Manish Sisodia,who won from Patparganj,said. His comments are an indicator of the AAPs plans for the Lok Sabha elections in 2014. Kashmir se Kanyakumari tak,ab jhaadu chalegi, he said.
AAP leader Yogendra Yadav said,Kanshi Ram used to say that the first elections are about getting defeated,the second about defeating others and the third one about winning. But within four months,all of you have made us jump these phases.
According to Yadav,the AAP had changed the meaning of politics. The youth now wants to be a part of politics,which is becoming clean now. The party withdrew support for its Rajouri Garden candidate on the basis of an FIR the allegations had not been proved, he said.
On the impact of the AAP on politics,Yadav said,In other states,the BJP has formed the government by forming alliances with other parties. But this has not happened in Delhi.
While acknowledging the financial support the AAP received for the Delhi polls,Kejriwal urged people to provide similar support for the Lok Sabha polls. We have to fight the Lok Sabha elections. I request the country to come together and give donations to us…, he said.
Party members also reflected on factors that led to the defeat of several AAP candidates. According to Kejriwal,in 16 constituencies,a torch symbol which looked similar to AAPs broom was used by some independent candidates to confuse voters.
All AAP leaders said even though the party could not get a majority,the results indicated a shift from politics based on muscle power. Another big thing happened during the elections. A lot of money and alcohol was distributed among people. But if you look at data,you will see that it is these areas where people have voted for AAP candidates in huge numbers, Kejriwal said.
He will meet Anna today
As Anna Hazare continues his indefinite hunger strike at Ralegan Siddhi,AAP leaders Arvind Kejriwal and Kumar Vishwas on Wednesday said they would visit Hazare on Thursday. Kejriwal,however,added that since Hazare has said he will not allow any political person to join him on stage,he and Vishwas will sit among the audience.