A 42-year-old man’s body was found in Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kumari Selja’s residence on Motilal Nehru Marg on Monday morning. Police said the MP was at home when the body was found.
Police said Sanjay, the husband of a domestic help working for Selja, had died of “unnatural causes”.
“Sanjay’s body was found near the servant quarters in Kumari Selja’s residence. He had injuries on his head. We received a PCR call at 8 am.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
We have sent the body for a post-mortem examination. Though he died of unnatural causes, we cannot confirm if it is murder or death from an accidental fall from the roof of the servant quarters,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) S B S Tyagi said.
Police said after they received the PCR call, a team of police officers and a forensics team went to the MP’s residence. Police said they were questioning employees at the former Union Minister’s house.
Police said Sanjay worked in the Sena Bhavan. His wife, Veena, had been working as a domestic help in Kumari Selja’s house for the last seven months. Sanjay and their two children lived with Veena in the servant quarters.
Police said Sanjay’s family had gone to visit relatives for Raksha Bandhan on Sunday. Sanjay and Veena returned to the servant quarters on Sunday night, while their children stayed over at a relative’s place in Laxmibai Nagar.
Police said on Monday morning, Veena could not find her husband in his room and went looking for him. Around 7 am, she found his body about 500 metres from their quarter, police said.
Veena’s sister, however, alleged foulplay. “I believe my brother-in-law has been murdered. Some staffers had fought with Sanjay a couple of months ago over accommodation in the servant quarters.”
Rampal, Sanjay’s sister’s husband corroborated Veena’s account. “Sanjay had already booked a rented accommodation in R K Puram. He and his family were going to move out soon. They were waiting for their daughter to take her examinations because she is studying in a school which is close to the MP’s residence. The daughter is preparing for Class XII Board examinations this year. There had been some tension between Sanjay and some of the staffers for a couple of months now.”
Selja was allotted this bungalow when she was Social Justice and Empowerment Minister in the UPA government. Although she is still a Rajya Sabha MP, she was supposed to vacate the residence and move to another house meant for MPs.
Despite repeated attempts by Newsline, Kumari Selja was not available for comment.