A 42-year-old man’s body was found in Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kumari Selja’s residence on Motilal Nehru Marg on Monday morning. Police said the MP was at home when the body was found.
Police said Sanjay, the husband of a domestic help working for Selja, had died of “unnatural causes”.
“Sanjay’s body was found near the servant quarters in Kumari Selja’s residence. He had injuries on his head. We received a PCR call at 8 am.
We have sent the body for a post-mortem examination. Though he died of unnatural causes, we cannot confirm if it is murder or death from an accidental fall from the roof of the servant quarters,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) S B S Tyagi said.
Police said after they received the PCR call, a team of police officers and a forensics team went to the MP’s residence. Police said they were questioning employees at the former Union Minister’s house.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Police said Sanjay worked in the Sena Bhavan. His wife, Veena, had been working as a domestic help in Kumari Selja’s house for the last seven months. Sanjay and their two children lived with Veena in the servant quarters.
Police said Sanjay’s family had gone to visit relatives for Raksha Bandhan on Sunday. Sanjay and Veena returned to the servant quarters on Sunday night, while their children stayed over at a relative’s place in Laxmibai Nagar.
Police said on Monday morning, Veena could not find her husband in his room and went looking for him. Around 7 am, she found his body about 500 metres from their quarter, police said.
Veena’s sister, however, alleged foulplay. “I believe my brother-in-law has been murdered. Some staffers had fought with Sanjay a couple of months ago over accommodation in the servant quarters.”
Rampal, Sanjay’s sister’s husband corroborated Veena’s account. “Sanjay had already booked a rented accommodation in R K Puram. He and his family were going to move out soon. They were waiting for their daughter to take her examinations because she is studying in a school which is close to the MP’s residence. The daughter is preparing for Class XII Board examinations this year. There had been some tension between Sanjay and some of the staffers for a couple of months now.”
Selja was allotted this bungalow when she was Social Justice and Empowerment Minister in the UPA government. Although she is still a Rajya Sabha MP, she was supposed to vacate the residence and move to another house meant for MPs.
Despite repeated attempts by Newsline, Kumari Selja was not available for comment.