By : Sarah Hafeez
A stray dog entered a house in Amarpuri, Nabi Karim, on Thursday night and mauled a two-month-old child to death. The dog, said police, was lynched by a mob and killed.
A street dog, which had been roaming the Amarpuri area in Central Delhi, climbed the stairs to a third-floor apartment around 9 pm on Thursday and attacked the girl who was lying on a bed. No one was at home at the time, police said.
“Her parents had gone to Vaishnodevi for a pilgrimage and had left the child with her aunt. The baby’s aunt had placed her on the bed beside the cooler and had gone to the second floor to meet her mother-in-law. In the interim, the dog went up to the apartment and attacked and killed a pet rabbit and a couple of chicks there. Then it attacked the baby,” Rajesh Gaur, president of the Residents’ Welfare Association, Chinyot Basti, Nabi Karim, said.
“After the dog left, a girl who was on the third floor, saw the injured child and alerted relatives. The child was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead. Neighbours made a PCR around 9 20 pm,” Gaur said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The dog had been behaving abnormally and we were wary of it. There are several diseased dogs in Nabi Karim and we have complained to the MCD repeatedly. This incident has been caused because of negligence and laxity of the MCD,” Gaur alleged.
However, the North Municipal Corporation said it had been trying its best to curb the dog menace in the area.
“We have been doing our level best to curb the dog menace in Nabi Karim. Just four days ago, we rounded up 26 stray dogs from the area and sterilised them. According to Supreme Court notifications, we cannot kill diseased dogs. We can only sterilise them and keep them with us for 10 days before we release them. We have neither the infrastructure nor the finances to keep the dogs,” Mohan Prasad Bhardwaj, Chairman of the Standing Committee, North Municipal Corporation, said.