BJP’s Delhi President Dr Harsh Vardhan on Monday accused the Sheila Dikshit and Arvind Kejriwal Government of cheating 15 lakh people of Delhi in the name of implementing food security scheme.
“Former Congress Government and AAP Government had announced to pay Rs 600 per family per month under Annashri yojna in the name of food security. These families have not received even a rupee under the food security scheme,” said Vardhan.
Attacking the Former Chief Minister, Dikshit, Vardhan said that she had issued advertisements in the newspapers claiming Delhi to be the first state in the country to implement food security scheme.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Crores were spent on these advertisements. After the Assembly Elections, Aam Aadmi Party formed Government in Delhi. Both these Governments failed to provide the benefit of Annashri yojna.
“15 lakh poor families whose income was less than Rs 1 lakh per year filled the application forms under Annashri yojna. As per the latest information, Delhi Government has not been able to complete the verification of 15 lakh application forms after several months,” said Vardhan.
Now, the Government is saying that this scheme will be merged with National Food Security Scheme. This way, Delhi Government has betrayed 15 lakh people of Delhi, he said.
Many families have alleged that the touts in Government departments have recovered bribe from them for the allotment of Rs 600 per month and even after this, they have not received cash or cheque for a single rupee from the Government, he alleged.
Vardhan further said Central Government and Delhi Government claimed that 81 crore people of the country are being given benefits of food security law.
“The reality is that, not a single household in Delhi is being provided the benefits of food security,” he said, assuring that under the leadership of Narendra Modi at the Centre, the poor people shall be provided cheap ration under the food security scheme.