Dengue death toll reaches 16 as two more girls die; over 2,000 tested positive

Two girls, aged three and nine, have become the latest victims of dengue in the city, taking the death toll to 16 today in what is being billed as the worst outbreak of the vector-borne disease in the national capital in the past five years.

By: PTI | New Delhi | Updated: September 18, 2015 9:51 am
dengue, dengue deaths, dengue outbreak, dengue in delhi, delhi dengue, dengue delhi patients, dengue delhi deaths, delhi dengue deaths, Delhi news, india news, nation news According to municipal corporation officials, over 2,000 people have tested positive for the vector-borne disease.

Three-year-old Neha Mathur, a resident of Sangam Vihar area in south Delhi, died of dengue at Saket City Hospital yesterday, doctors said.

The nine-year-old girl, a resident of Okhla died on September 15 at RML hospital, doctors said.

According to Neha’s father Vinod Mathur, she had fever for quite some time and on September 11, he got her tested but the results were normal.

“The test results were normal. But as fever did not subside, on September 15 we took her to Pt Madan Mohan Malaviya Hospital. Doctors there did not carry out any tests, just gave her drip and discharged. Around 3 AM yesterday, she developed high fever and we rushed her to Majeedia Hospital in Hamdard Nagar where again the doctors gave her injection and stabilised her. They did not admit her or did not carry out any tests,” said her father.

“We brought her home, but her condition deteriorated and we took her to Saket City hospital around 11 AM where she died. She tested positive for dengue at the hospital,” said Mathur.

“The patient had come with internal bleeding and died of dengue shock syndrome,” said Dr Shashishekhar Singh, senior consultant at the hospital’s Paediatrics department.

According to municipal corporation officials, over 2,000 people have tested positive for the vector-borne disease. The death toll as per the official data still stands at 5.

Watch Video: Dengue Outbreak-Discussing Government’s Proposed Actions & The Ground Situation

For all the latest Delhi News, download Indian Express App

AAPTardNoOne
    Sep 18, 2015 at 7:35 am
    To all AAP supporters ================== BREAKING NEWS: Kejriwal Sir will be watch a biopic movie made on true life story of Kejriwal Sir : "How to kill with dengue?". In this biopic, Kejriwal sir will be shown allowing garbage clean services to get dis-functional by unfunding them in Delhi Sultanate in summer and monsoon. We are expecting review sometime tonight. AAP Social Media
    (0)(0)
      Democrat
      Sep 17, 2015 at 8:57 pm
      WHERE ARE THE AAP VOLUNTEERS. WHY THEY ARE NOT TAKING ANY ACTION AGAINST MOSQUITOS SPREADING DENGUE. KEJRIWAL THREAT-- ALL MOSQUITOS MUST LEAVE DELHI BY RAJDHANI EXPRESS TRAINS,FAILING WHICH I WILL GO ON DHARNA NEAR YAMUNA BRIDGE.
      (0)(0)
      1. MARY KATHY
        Sep 17, 2015 at 10:18 pm
        HOW I GET MY RELATIONSHIP BACK WITH MY LOVER AGAIN
        (0)(0)
        1. MARY KATHY
          Sep 17, 2015 at 10:18 pm
          HOW I GET MY RELATIONSHIP BACK WITH MY LOVER AGAIN through DR OGUMEN of , my mount is full of testimonies but here is a little i can say out of the w wondrous things DR OGUMEN has done for me i was in a great and the sweetest relationship with my man JONES SAMMY for two years and we were both in good terms and even planning of getting married this September 2015 so when he traveled for on the a business trip to Australia he melt a lady there whom he dated for two months and when he returned back to home he began to behave strange and with not long he said he is tired of this relationship looking for ways to break our love life and he finally push me out and bring in the Australia lady with him .this time i was frustrated and devastated about my love life so i vow not to rest until i am able to get back the only man i have ever loved so i began to look for a solution to restore my love life . one day my friend Jessica Sanchez came to me telling me about this man DR OGUMEN saying this man has helped he restore his life so i said let me also try as i have no other choice in getting back Jones . at first when i contacted he i thought nothing will work but it was like a dream and surprise when he told me go my child i have and wait for Jones can within the next 3 days and to my greatest surprise Jones actually called me and was pleading on the phone saying he was under a spell from the other lady so with all this great things DR OGUMEN of has done for me i want you all to join me to say thank you to this man .or call 2348112060028 MARY KATHY_TEXAS
          (0)(0)
            MARY KATHY
            Oct 5, 2015 at 3:53 pm
            HOW I GET MY RELATIONSHIP BACK WITH MY LOVER AGAIN through DR OGUMEN of , my mount is full of testimonies but here is a little i can say out of the w wondrous things DR OGUMEN has done for me i was in a great and the sweetest relationship with my man JONES SAMMY for two years and we were both in good terms and even planning of getting married this September 2015 so when he traveled for on the a business trip to Australia he melt a lady there whom he dated for two months and when he returned back to home he began to behave strange and with not long he said he is tired of this relationship looking for ways to break our love life and he finally push me out and bring in the Australia lady with him .this time i was frustrated and devastated about my love life so i vow not to rest until i am able to get back the only man i have ever loved so i began to look for a solution to restore my love life . one day my friend Jessica Sanchez came to me telling me about this man DR OGUMEN saying this man has helped he restore his life so i said let me also try as i have no other choice in getting back Jones . at first when i contacted he i thought nothing will work but it was like a dream and surprise when he told me go my child i have and wait for Jones can within the next 3 days and to my greatest surprise Jones actually called me and was pleading on the phone saying he was under a spell from the other lady so with all this great things DR OGUMEN of has done for me i want you all to join me to say thank you to this man .or call 2348112060028 or add me on whatsApp 2347064358629 MARY KATHY_TEXAS
            (0)(0)