Hitting out at the BJP-led Centre over demonetisation, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia Friday said the Delhi government was trying to “relieve people from standing in long queues” by executing several projects, but “some persons” were making “efforts to make people stand in queues”.
Speaking at the inauguration of the last stretch of the 23.6-km Vikaspuri-Wazirabad corridor, Sisodia said the six-lane flyover at Mukundpur Chowk “will provide huge relief to commuters from traffic jams”.
Alleging that the BJP is becoming like the Congress, Public Works Department (PWD) Minister Satyendar Jain said, “Those who withdraw Rs 2,000 every day are not the rich. They (BJP) have plans to keep the poor in their place by not harming the rich. Have you seen any rich man standing in queue? Most troubled are those who have weddings in the family… Middlemen are exchanging rich people’s money.”
He added that traders are the worst hit by the move. “In Wazirpur, factories have been shut for 15 days,” said Jain. Meanwhile, the government said it had constructed the 9-km long flyover at a cost of Rs 50 crore against the sanctioned budget of Rs 62 crore.
Stating that the stretch has a 2 metre-wide cycle track, a footpath and a green belt, Sisodia asked the PWD to
explore the possibility of having a shaded cycle track with solar panels. “In European countries, commuting by cycle is a fashion statement, but here it is not. From the money saved in this project, we will provide the necessary budget to set up the panels along the track. This will serve a dual purpose — provide shade to cyclists and light up the streets using solar energy,” said Sisodia.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to Jain, the flyover has made commuting via Vikaspuri to Wazirabad signal-free and has cut travel time from Vikaspuri to Sarai Kale Khan by 30 minutes.