A 44-year-old woman crushed to death by a truck when she slipped from the e-rickshaw she was trying to get into in northwest Delhi’s Maurice Nagar area, said police.
According to police, the incident took place Saturday when the victim, Shivdai, was returning home from Bara Hindu Rao hospital. She was accompanied by her husband, Naresh Kumar.
Her husband, a part-time labourer, told police that they had hailed an e-rickshaw. He said his wife was trying to get into the battery operated vehicle when the driver suddenly moved, causing her to fall on the road.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch What Else Is Making News
A truck coming from behind ran over her and fled the spot, he claimed.
Naresh said he called the police control room. A police team reached the spot and took his wife to a hospital where doctors declared her dead.
Police said they have registered a case under relevant sections of the IPC and booked the truck driver at Maurice Nagar police station. They have also seized the e-rickshaw and detained the driver, said an officer.
Shivdai is survived by her husband and two children.