Delhi is expected to witness a peak power demand of 6100 Mega Watt in the first fortnight of June during the summer.
Power distribution companies have made adequate arrangements to meet the anticipated peak demand, Principal Secretary (Power) Arun Goyal said on Tuesday.
“Though there will be sufficient power, people should, hoever, use electrical appliances particularly air conditioners judiciously,” Goyal said.
He said Delhi met peak load of 4090 MW on April 28 this year at 15.33 hrs during which the generation within the national capital was 649 MW and drawal from central sector stations (including bilateral arrangements) was 3441 MW.
The peak demand has again crossed 4000 MW after six months.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The demand for power further increased on Tuesday to 4121 MW at 14.50 hrs.
Peak demand anticipated for April, this year was 4200 MW. Till now growth in demand is marginally lower than anticipated demand and in line with the projections, Goyal added.