The national capital will continue to reel under severe heat wave on Monday with the day temperature expected to remain around 45 degree Celsius.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 30.1 degree Celsius, two notches above normal, and slightly up from Sunday when it had settled at 28.6 degree C, a notch above the season’s average.
Humidity at 8:30 in the morning was recorded at 36 per cent.
The day temperature is expected to remain around 45 degree Celsius though the MeT department has predicted a partly cloudy sky in the later part of the day and possibility of thunderstorms in some areas of the city toward the evening.
On Sunday, the mercury touched 45.1 degree Celsius at the Safdarjung observatory.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The maximum temperature of 45.1 degree C in the capital on Sunday was five degree above normal and the hottest in five years.
It was 47.8 degree C in and around Palam airport, making it the hottest day in 62 years.
Source: Indian Meteorological Department