The North Delhi Municipal Corporation has said an investigation indicated that its senior functionaries were involved in the theft of blank proformas, used for printing birth and death certificates, from its offices. On May 5 this year, nearly 20,000 proformas were stolen from the corporation’s Karol Bagh office.
North Corporation Commissioner P K Gupta Wednesday informed the Standing Committee that “passport offices had reported about 49 cases of fake certificates and the vigilance department is investigating the matter. The inquiry is yet to be concluded but it points towards the negligence and involvement of our senior officers.” The vigilance report is expected to be submitted next week.
Gupta told The Indian Express that at least two other incidents of theft — in Rohini and Civil Lines zones — had been brought to the civic body’s notice. However, he said “there could be other incidents that are not in our notice and the vigilance department is looking into it”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen